Viewing 1 reply thread
  • JamesMellon
    July 29, 2019 at 9:46 AM #6648

Good Morning All!

This week’s ride is a bit deceptive for a number of reasons. Firstly, if you look at the elevation map on Strava it looks like there is an awful lot of climbing. Rest assured, there isn’t. There are a few short punchy things scattered throughout the route but nothing worse than what we have already done. The other thing is that the map is labelled “R” for road. This is, generally speaking, true. That being said, depending on the time of year, the last stretch of 3rd line heading towards Lynch’s Rock and the beginning of Lynch’s Rock can range from dirt so hard you’d swear it was pavement (traditionally this time of year), gravel of varying looseness (never anything you couldn’t ride with slicks) to rutted out surface of the moon (early spring).

If you have never ridden this route be prepared to fall in love! You’re never very far from Peterborough but some of the scenic bits feel like you’re in the middle of nowhere. Apart from County Rd 4 and Queen Street in Lakefield, don’t expect to see much traffic. It’s a real winner.

The only problem that we are likely to encounter tomorrow is rain. The forecast is not encouraging and there are rumblings (pun fully intended) of thunder storms. Watch this space for updates.

(Hopefully) see you tomorrow!

James

https://www.strava.com/routes/15665649

JamesMellon
    July 30, 2019 at 8:22 AM #6659

I won this week’s round of chicken with John (he cancelled first) but lost the battle with the weather. I will be at the Bean to meet anyone who doesn’t get this message but I don’t fancy riding in the rain. Sorry folks 🙁

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.