Viewing 5 reply threads
  • ricklp
    May 14, 2018 at 11:25 AM #5227

We meet at the silver bean. We leave at 6 PM sharp. Please remember proof of your membership. I can’t let you ride without it. Tonight’s ride will follow this route:

51-RG- Counterclockwise South East Through Keene, Gravelly hills (RLP06)
    https://www.strava.com/routes/12993741

Please watch here for cancellation due to weather. Rain day is tomorrow same time and place.

ricklp
    May 31, 2018 at 11:02 PM #5362

I may be out of town. My quest for a truck to safely move the tandem around has lead me to Edmonton. I will try to be back, but it will be tight. I will update this thread with progress. But if one of the regulars will step up in my stead that would be great or possibly we could use the rain date. Flight leaves Toronto at 12:36 Friday.

Rick,

ricklp
    June 3, 2018 at 4:59 PM #5364

All is going pretty well. Just passed marathon coming up to White River. Will probably sleep in Sault Sainte Marie or Sudbury tonight.

Currently, weather looks questionable also low chance of rain.

I guess we make the call tomorrow, about weather. With any amount of luck I am on schedule to be there without issue.so, it may be a short ride. It’s been a long drive.

ricklp
    June 4, 2018 at 11:08 AM #5369

Slept near Parry Sound. Got home around 9:00AM this morning.

It looks like it is going to be chilly tonight with a low chance of rain.

I am making the judgement call to change the route to my shortest one.

38.3-R-Counterclockwise loop Lakefield via River road, back via Centerline (RLP01)
    https://www.strava.com/routes/12993484

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by ricklp.
    ricklp
    June 4, 2018 at 4:34 PM #5372

Well, after my novel leading up to this. It looks like we’re going to get canceled for wind.

The wind is strong and gusty. It’s cold. The sky looks quite unsettled.

I emailed Jeff Faulds to double check what he thinks. And we both think we’re not riding tonight.

If tomorrow’s better, we can ride then. I will update it here.

ricklp
    June 5, 2018 at 2:54 PM #5377

This week’s ride was not meant to be. Wyatt is not feeling well, and my single bike is not ready for a club ride.

I have to cancel today’s rain date ride.

Sorry,

Rick

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by ricklp.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.